This page contains a list of local resources and important information available during the COVID-19 outbreak. We will update this page as new information becomes available.
Esta página contiene una lista de recursos locales e información importante disponible durante el brote de COVID-19.
Last Update: 8/25/2020
Jump to Section
Local food resources are highlighted here, for a detailed list please reference the PDF at the bottom of this page.
- Angel One Foundation has their mobile food bank at the Meridian Habitat Park every Friday from 3-5PM
- Nourish Pierce County has several Food Banks operating. You can find the closest one to you here
- Pandemic EBT: P-EBT provides families with funds to make up for the cost of meals while school was closed. This benefit is for Washington children in grades K-12 who receive free or reduced-price school meals. These benefits will be on an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card which is used like a debit card to buy groceries..
- Puyallup School District: 5 day supply of breakfasts and lunch available on Mondays at all schools.
- Puyallup Food Bank: Puyallup Food Bank has temporarily relocated to allow more people to receive services. Schedule an appointment at the link provided.
- Mortgage Assistance for Washington Residents
- Puget Sound Energy:
- PSE will not be disconnecting customers during this time.
- PSE received approval from the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission for a waiver that allows PSE to waive late fees.
- PSE will work with our customers on options such as payment plans and choosing a new bill due date.
- PSE launched a new energy assistance portal to improve access to funds available to low income customers.
- Pierce County Rental and Mortgage Assistance
- Share and Care House Rental Assistance
- In case of a dental emergency, visit https://www.smilegeneration.com/ Do NOT go to an Emergency Room, visit to find nearest location.
- Community Health Care is offering free COVID-19 tests for people in different high risk populations.
- FamilyWize has a discount card you can use to reduce the cost of prescription medication.
- Care Net is still offering baby supplies and parent support.
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. (https://corporate.charter.com/newsroom/charter-to-offer-free-access-to-spectrum-broadband-and-wifi-for-60-days-for-new-K12-and-college-student-households-and-more)
- Verizon: Offering extended services for low-income customers
- AT&T: Affordable internet for qualifying customers
- The Washington State Employment Security Department has programs designed to help individuals and employers impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. They have an easy-to-read comparison guide listing some of the most common scenarios that may occur and benefits that may apply. More information for workers and businesses here: esd.wa.gov/newsroom/covid-19.
- Bankrate put together 13 Steps to Take If You’ve Lost Your Job
- Student Loans Relief: Read more from the Department of Education.
- Answers to Coronavirus-related Legal Concerns: https://covid19.wearelegalshield.com/legal
Information About COVID-19
If you are looking for specific information regarding COVID-19, please visit:
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
- Washington State Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control
- Puyallup School District‘s COVID-19 Response