CIS of Puyallup is dedicated to empowering students by helping families navigate the vast array of public resources available to them. Below is a list of local resources, programs, and services available in the Puyallup/Pierce County area.
Jump to Section
Local food resources are highlighted here, for a detailed list please reference the PDF at the bottom of this page.
- Angel One Foundation has their mobile food bank at the Meridian Habitat Park every Friday from 3 PM-5 PM
- Nourish Pierce County has several Food Banks operating, one in downtown Puyallup. You can find the closest one to you here.
- Puyallup School District offers free and reduced lunches for students whose families qualify. Visit EZMealApp.com to check your eligibility.
- Mortgage Assistance for Washington Residents
- Puget Sound Energy will work with our customers on options such as payment plans
The Housing and Essential Needs (HEN) Referral Program provides access to essential needs items and potential rental assistance for low-income individuals who are unable to work for at least 90 days due to a physical and/or mental incapacity.
- Pierce County Rental and Mortgage Assistance
- Share and Care House Rental Assistance
- Smile Generation: In response to the financial burden you may be facing times, Smile Generation offers options to help you afford the dental treatment you need.
- Community Health Care offers healthcare on a sliding scale based on family size and income.
- FamilyWize has a discount card you can use to reduce the cost of prescription medication.
- Care Net offers reproductive health services at no cost to you. They also offer baby supplies at its Puyallup location.
- The Washington State Employment Security Department has programs designed to help individuals and employers impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. They have an easy-to-read comparison guide listing some of the most common scenarios that may occur and benefits that may apply. More information for workers and businesses here: esd.wa.gov/newsroom/covid-19.
- Bankrate put together 13 Steps to Take If You’ve Lost Your Job
- Student Loans Relief: Read more from the Department of Education.
- Answers to Coronavirus-related Legal Concerns: https://covid19.wearelegalshield.com/legal
Information About COVID-19
If you are looking for specific information regarding COVID-19, please visit: